Sunday, November 9, 2008

Boo! Expendables Aims for PG13!

Sylvester Stallone broke news that his upcoming film "The Expendables" will star Jet Li and Jason Statham last week, but today come more news surrounding the undercover mission of rag-tag mercenaries. THR reports Stallone told top AFM buyers over the weekend that he aims to make a PG13 film out of The Expendables! Stallone also raised eyebrows when he told reporters and buyers that he intends to land Forrset Whitaker for the film as well.

The most disappointing news coming from Stallone is the fact that he and Nu Image/Millennium Films are aiming for a PG13 rating. Stallone said, "It won't be a blood fest." My question is, why the hell not!?! Stallone, Statham and Li warrant a R rating and a solid bloodfest! Stallone should be going for broke with this film. I dont want a thought provoking film or any less bloodshed to appease major audiences. Screw that! With Statham and the rest aboard, we deserve some serious violence. Stallone added, "Whereas the 'Oceans 11' films were an ensemble for good looking guys, this is an ensemble for ugly tough guys." Nobody better tell Handsom Rob that!

In other Expendables news, Stallone also stated that he like to land Forrest Whitaker for the film. Stallone told the buyers that he would like Whitaker to play a devious CIA agent that is involved with the mission to overthrow a South American dictator. No word was given to whether Stallone and Nu Image/Millennium films were in talks with Whitaker or it was just a thought. More news to come as it develops.

Thoughts on a PG13 rating for Stallone's The Expendables? Does that diminsih your anticipation of the film? Strikeback....

0 comments :